Selected Topics-0035_Advancements and Supplier Trends in the Communication Sphere of Smart Cockpits
The global rise of smart cars has pushed the automotive industry toward developing smart cockpits—in addition to advancements in Advanced Driver-Assistance Systems (ADAS) and the deployment of smart roads. This strategic move aims to accelerate the commercialization timeline of smart vehicles. This report will delve into smart cockpit development trends from a communication perspective, while also exploring the current status of international automakers and suppliers in the realm of communication-related smart cockpits.
Table of Contents
1. Communication Technology in Smart Vehicle-Related Trends
2. Observing the Development of Smart Cockpits from a Communication Perspective
(1) Smart Cockpit Applications: A Communication Perspective
(2) Challenges in Smart Cockpit Development
3. Industry Developments
(1) Automaker Updates: While European and US automakers are in the nascent stages of developing
communication-based smart cockpit applications, their Chinese counterparts are already advancing in
(2) Supplier Updates: European and US suppliers are penetrating the global smart cockpit market by
providing international automakers with OTA technology and cybersecurity software
(3) Trends and Growth Prospects for Taiwanese Manufacturers: Focusing on In-Car Entertainment
Systems and AR HUD Hardware to Enter the Global Smart Cockpit Market
4. TRI’s View
(1) While European and US automakers are in the early stages of developing in-car entertainment and
HUD systems for intelligent cockpits, Chinese automakers have already successfully implemented these
(2) European and US Suppliers are entering the global smart cockpit market by focusing on OTA updates
(3) Taiwanese manufacturers, focusing on the development of IVI systems and AR HUD hardware, are
poised to make a significant entry into the global smart cockpit market
Gallium Arsenide (GaAs) is recognized in the industry as the most mature compound semiconductor material after silicon. It possesses superior characteristics such as high frequency, high electron mobility, high output power, low noise, and good linearity, making it one of the most important support materials for microwave radio frequency and optoelectronics.
In recent years, a surge in applications like 5G communications, autonomous driving, advanced displays, and AI has driven an increased demand for GaAs. Consequently, manufacturers are fully committed to capturing a significant share of this growing market.
The smartwatch market saw a downturn in 2023, which has significantly impacted strategies for 2024. Manufacturers are expected to adopt a conservative approach, focusing on incremental upgrades and diversification in R&D to align with market needs, with AI becoming a crucial tool in enhancing product and service offerings.
The VR/AR sector continues to struggle with a lack of compelling content and applications, which has stalled market growth and investor enthusiasm. In response, 2024 is set to witness a stronger emphasis on technological advancements to enrich content and broaden the commercial application of devices, spurring the development of essential upstream components.
Power semiconductors are the core of energy conversion and circuit control in electronic devices, playing vital roles in power conversion, amplification, switching, circuit protection, and rectification in electronic circuits. They are primarily used for altering voltage and frequency, as well as converting DC to AC in electronic devices. Power semiconductors have a key and extensive role in fields such as automobiles, industry, railway transportation, and power. As the new energy sector grows, particularly in solar energy and electric vehicles, power semiconductors such as IGBT and MOS are also becoming increasingly important in the realm of sustainable energy.
Research DirectorySemiconductor Research Display Research Optoelectronics Research Green Energy Research ICT Applications Research