Selected Topics-0043_Analysis of the Development and Application Prospects of High-Performance Computing in the Automotive Market
High-performance computing can handle the workload of automotive electrification, internet of vehicles, ADAS, and autonomous driving technologies, and is capable of adapting to the constantly changing demands of the external environment. This report primarily analyzes the automotive digitalization market, trends in high-performance computing for vehicles, and the key drivers for chip vendors' commercialization solutions in the industry.
Table of Contents
1. Digitalization in the automotive industry drives the high-performance computing market
2. The trend of "high-performance computing" in the automotive field
(1) BMW's cross-domain development realizes green vehicles through high-performance computing
(2) Continental focuses on automotive edge architecture and promotes advanced cockpit projects
(3) Tesla's Dojo production plan is accelerating to optimize their autonomous driving fleet
3. Commercial solutions are key drivers for automotive high-performance computing chips
4. TRI's View
(1) The largest growth driver in the high-performance computing market comes from the automotive sector
(2) Trends and key factors in the commercialization of solutions
Gallium Arsenide (GaAs) is recognized in the industry as the most mature compound semiconductor material after silicon. It possesses superior characteristics such as high frequency, high electron mobility, high output power, low noise, and good linearity, making it one of the most important support materials for microwave radio frequency and optoelectronics.
In recent years, a surge in applications like 5G communications, autonomous driving, advanced displays, and AI has driven an increased demand for GaAs. Consequently, manufacturers are fully committed to capturing a significant share of this growing market.
The smartwatch market saw a downturn in 2023, which has significantly impacted strategies for 2024. Manufacturers are expected to adopt a conservative approach, focusing on incremental upgrades and diversification in R&D to align with market needs, with AI becoming a crucial tool in enhancing product and service offerings.
The VR/AR sector continues to struggle with a lack of compelling content and applications, which has stalled market growth and investor enthusiasm. In response, 2024 is set to witness a stronger emphasis on technological advancements to enrich content and broaden the commercial application of devices, spurring the development of essential upstream components.
Power semiconductors are the core of energy conversion and circuit control in electronic devices, playing vital roles in power conversion, amplification, switching, circuit protection, and rectification in electronic circuits. They are primarily used for altering voltage and frequency, as well as converting DC to AC in electronic devices. Power semiconductors have a key and extensive role in fields such as automobiles, industry, railway transportation, and power. As the new energy sector grows, particularly in solar energy and electric vehicles, power semiconductors such as IGBT and MOS are also becoming increasingly important in the realm of sustainable energy.
Research DirectorySemiconductor Research Display Research Optoelectronics Research Green Energy Research ICT Applications Research